BruceR

Thanks Jana,
My situation is opposit of most people. Garage^H^H^H^H^H^H err shop is
at about 6% humidity when I do most projects. House will be about the same.
Drying/storage conditions of the lumber I have is unknown, but usually I
accumulate the stuff over a year before beginning the larger projects. I
usually try to buy 5/4 rough since I usually can't decide on dimensions
until I get started.
-Bruce

Hi Bruce,

I wouldn't. You don't want it picking up moisture at all. It
wouldn't take that long to acclimate. It'll do it on it's own while
you're working on your project. It's not really that touchy of a
situation...I mean, is the shop the same as the house where the piece
will end up? Kiln drying shrinks or sets the cells in the wood, so
unless you have it piled on the garage floor or some other obvious
place it would pick up a lot of moisture, it really should be just
fine....Now that I'm writing, you have me thinking...My views are with
our lumber that I know has been dried right and hasn't been sitting
around in a warehouse or containers picking up moisture already. Jana