Paul R

I used B&Q cabinets in a remodel of my kitchen last year with no
complaints - particularly liked the ability to order on the web, and have
delivery for only the delivery price of the most expensive component. Be
careful about the large side-panels though, build in enough time to get them
to send you two or three deliveries, the corners on most of the large panels
they delivered were mashed through handling (they are heavy, and don't like
landing on the corners). But B&Q reacted well every time I complained, and
I was left with a ton of spare panels (with bashed corners), which came in
handy for miscellaneous fill ins.

I got my doors however from http://www.discountkitchenfactory.co.uk/ as
these were solid birch, not the veneer from B&Q. I also got a higher
quality worktop from them as well.

If you know someone in the building trade - take a look at Howden Joinery -
they sell at trade prices much of the MFI range (same company) - this is the
route my brother took, with very effective low cost result. (I got my steel
rod handles from them for just over £1 each!)

Good luck
Paul R
"Ian" wrote in message
I've just started to turn my attention to the kitchen and intend on

fitting
it all out from scratch. It's a complete mess and I'm looking at selling

up
probably next year so don't want to splash the cash but also don't want to
install flimsy cheap units.

Can anyone recommend a good supplier ?, the easiest option is to go to

B&Q
and buy off the shelf but are the cabinets flimsy ?, anyone got experience
with B&Q kitchens.

Any recommendations of where not to cuts costs ?, i.e. cheap hinges etc ?

Any advice would be much appreicated.
Ian.

---