Brian MacD

"Andys cam" wrote in message
It is very likely that if the cam goes 3 months after repair without a
malfunction then it is not going to die because of the drop. Head

alignment
would be corrected, if needed, during the repair. Sony is very good about
returning the cam to new specs whenever they do any repairs.

I would expect Sony to do a good job, but they have given a written
"no guarantee" warning and say that there is no guarantee that the
camcorder will perform reliably after it has been repaired.
So if anything does go wrong the day after it has been serviced,
there are no guarantees and no refunds. Also, if you are going away
on holiday where it is not easy to have your camera serviced, who
wants a camcorder that Sony says cannot be guaranteed to perform
reliably? You could easily lose many non-repeatable valuable photo
opportunities. But the insurance company want to take the risk that
the repair will not be successful, but that doesn't help me much if it
breaks down at an inopportune time.

Brian