Ian Dodd

This topic came up in another thread and a fellow wrecker and I have
been sharing our admiration for Woodwork magazine. IOHO, we beleive
it to be the best magazine out there, FWW included.

The problem with WOOD or Pop. Wood. or any of the others is that, as
you noted, every few months they rehash the same old Mission style
projects or herald plans for the Ultimate Router Table (Wait. I
thought Ultimate was featured 6 months ago?! So is that one now the
Penultimate?). And their tool reviews are basically worthless: "Of
all the table saws we've ever tested, this is certainly one of them."
Followed by a double page ad for the same.

Not worth the paper (and, hence, the trees to make the paper) they're
printed on.

My $0.02 worth,
Ian

(BeniBoose) wrote in message . com...
Just got the latest issue of WOOD Magazine in the mail yesterday...

Took me about 5 minutes to read it cover to cover. Gheeez, is it me or
this magazine has been pumping some pretty deceptive issues in the
past 4-5 months? They keep showing off some old furniture made out of
oak. Eurk! Arts & Crafts has been all over the magazines for decades.
Thousands of versions have been made of the same damn coffee table,
nightstand, bed, dresser, chest of drawers, etc. Can we see some other
projects made with something else than oak?

I'm already regretting my 2 years subscription.

Oh ho, almost 4h00PM, it's time for my pill.

Cyberben