Mike

I'm not sure if I understand the question completely. When you say open
flame are you referring to the various heaters with an actual flame
that's exposed only, or are you referring to woodstoves also?

I don't see a problem with woodstoves--we've used one for my whole life,
my father's entire life, my grandfather's entire life, his father's
entire life..do I need to go on?

Plus you've got a great place to dispose of cutoffs and sawdust.

Dave Rathnow wrote:
With winter immanent, I'm looking at putting some heating in my shop
so I can work and not freeze. I've heard people say that any
kind of open flame heating is dangerous because it could ignite saw
dust--I've heard others say this is rubbish.

Could people share their opinions and advice? Is an open
flame heater dangerous? What type of heating do you use?
Any recommendations to heat my shop: it's about 20x20
with a 12 foot ceiling.

Thanks,
Dave.