Old Nick

On 25 Aug 2004 15:01:18 -0700, jim rozen
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

In article , Charles A. Sherwood says...

I assume you are refering to me because I proposed the motor
driving alternator design a while back. (but you quoted someone else)

My comments were specific to Nick who proposed an *electrically*
driven alternator to create a three phase supply, instead of
a rotary converter.

I win! I win! GG

Obviously in your case the 'works well and is cheap'
approach to life says you should use what you have
available. I would do the same thing if I had a prime
mover available, and no other easy way to get an idler
motor.

AHereas I have to admit I do _not_ have the stuff available.

Someday I will build that motor alternater setup and experiment
with it too. But for now, I got lots of projects ..

I understand that! I think I'm in the same boat as you on
this.

Yes. My question also was not rhetorical, but is certainly theoretical
at present......some day...(sigh) :-
I have decided that I should not be offended by
anybody's behaviour but my own......the theory's
good, anyway.