Matthew Newton

Hi

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 18:24:14 +0100, NealUK wrote:
Like the idea, but the footrests on this bike fold up.Where did you get
those stands from? They look pretty useful. Mine just have about 3 holes
and a pin that goes through them.

Those came from Screwfix, £9.79 per pair:

I might see if i can find some fixed footrests in a breakers that have the
same mounting brackets/bolts as the NC23, just for doing repairs like this

Have also done the same thing putting a length of steel bar through the
rear tyre (under the frame) and propping up with the stands (or was it
bricks, I can't remember). Works OK but you can't remove the rear wheel,
which is a pain (and a paddock stand wouldn't fit on my GS :-( ).

Oh, whoops, you were after a length of steel rod...

Other option (which I do to keep the bike upright, but not to lift the
wheels, although it probably could) is to put the side stand on a brick or
two and pull the bike up on to that. You then only need to put the axle
stand on the other side. Maybe it would fit under the frame somewhere that
way (or use bricks, with old towel to stop scratching the paint)?

HTH,

--
Matthew