J T

If I tell ya what it's for, I'll probably have to kill ya, and I
can't afford the travel fare. Otherwise, I'd be happy to tell ya.

OK, who still wants to know? LMAO

It's not for me, and it's legal. Just that there's worry that the
same noise for maybe 15-20-30 minutes will get irritating on the
neighbors - thin walls, so want/need to muffle the sound as much as
feasible. And, yes there would be air vents. And, no, not mixing up
anything.

Stirrer was likely a inappropriate word, but that's the first word
that popped into my head. Trying to prototype a drive motor for an
animated (power driven?) whatchmacallit, for someone else. On a low
budget. Using plans from someone else (Rube Goldberg maybe). This is to
be upside down, inside the "muffler" (base), and turn a model (no, not a
live model). The theory is, it will be fun.

I pulled out my old mixer and ran it. At the slower speeds seemed
to hesitate a bit, don't know if that was from no use, age, or just the
way it is. Seemed to be doable with it, but it seems to be as noisy as
a drill. And, no, I'm not going to buy a drill press, even tho my drill
press motor would certainly qualify as quiet enough. Be a major PITA to
change speeds by changing belts tho.

I think my plan now is to forget the drill, and to stop at a
second-hand store and see what they've got in the way of mixers. I've
seen them as low as about $1 there. I figure after the sound is
muffled, it will be acceptable.

I did get another project idea from this. I've been trying to
figure out a not too complicated power marble lift (got manual, don't
need more). Today, I remembered Junkyard Wars and golf ball
machineguns. Neat. The two wheels could work. Rubber wheel on each
beater shaft. Feed marbles in, it should shoot marbles out. Tube to
route marbles, leading up, and power marble lift. Be neat to fine tune
it enough to shoot marbles 2-3 feet in the air at the top, then have
them come down in a catch funnel or something, to feed them into the
marble machine, for a repeat. That would make it a marble fountain.
LMAO

JOAT
The whole of life is a learning process.
- John Keel

Porky Pig says: http://www.barbneal.com/wav/ltunes/porky/Porky03.wav