TeamCasa

Mike, Are you planning on laminating /gluing the strips together after
bending? If so, you may want to think of cutting the strips in half. 3/8"
to 5/16" and forming them dry. (maybe a bit of sake! see other thread.)

I have just finished some dry walnut lamination, glue, clamp wait 24 hours.
They came out fine very minor spring back..
http://www.teamcasa.org/workshop/currentproject.htm Pictures here.

If not then steam, clamp into the form asap. Wait 24 hours. Expect some
spring-back.

Dave

"Mike Dalton" wrote in message
om...
I am steaming 10 strips of red oak. Each piece measures 24" x 7/8" x
3/8". They are to be bent lengthwise with an arc that is about 2"
high. I plan to cut a piece of 3/4" plywood to 6" x 30". I will then
cut the arc in the plywood and have this as a bending jig. My plan is
to steam all 10 strips at the same time, place them all in the bending
jig and then clamp the plywood together to put the arc into the
strips.
My question is how long must I leave the strips clamped up so they are
dry when I remove them? I do not have any moisture meters available so
this must be done by the seat of the pants.
Thanks for any and all help.