Steve@carolinabreezehvac

"Dan" wrote in message
t...
I have read in several articles and had it affirmed by my HVAC guy that
those 3/6 month filters put a load on your fan motor causing early
failure. He recommended just using cheap filters every two weeks.
Thoughts?

Dont.

IF you got with an electronic cleaner, this is how we do it...and its so
damn simple its pathetic.

1-Take the elements out.
2-Take them outside.
3-Spray with something like Castrol Super Clean, or Purple Stuff.
4-Rinse off.
5-Allow to dry, or we tend to blow them off with CO2 with the regulator set
very low.
6-Re-install.

The 3M style filter can, and WILL create serious issues IF, and this is IF
your systems duct system is NOT designed for the increase in
resistance...and they have that.

toller wrote:

What makes the Honeywell so difficult?

The filters are large, with corners that are pretty sharp. They must

either
be washed in a tub or in the dishwasher. But they come out of the tub

still
dirty; only the dishwasher does a decent job. I have to move the top

rack
up all the way, but even then can only fit one cell in at a time.

Maybe they have improved them (mine is 12 years old), but mine are a

real
pita. I have been using a high efficiency 6 month filter made to fit

the
housing instead.

I know a HVAC guy who puts a conventional filter in ahead of the

electronic
filters. He says it lets you go alot longer between cleanings. I

haven't
tried it since my set up doesn't have enough space for a conventional
filter.