Brian MacD

"L." wrote in message
o.net...
Would it per chance be covered under your home owners insurance?

Sometimes,
these things are and you could buy a new one with the insurance money,

minus
any deductible. Just a thought!

Yes, the camcorder is insured, but despite the no guarantee
warning from Sony, the insurance company is keen to see if
the repairs would be successful before they will consider the
replacement option. Before I agree to this option, I want to
find out whether the repair of a dropped camcorder is likely
to be successful, or whether there are too many small hidden
parts that could have been damaged which would not be
detected from a routine inspection of the damaged camcorder.

Brian