George

If you use a recess, you can finish the bottom prior to reversing to hollow.

If you're an outside gripper, you can reverse to jam between a tapered (for
centering) plywood circle and the tailstock, trimming the final tip off with
a curved knife.

"Maxprop" wrote in message
hlink.net...
I've used several different methods for reverse chucking of bowls. All

seem
to work okay, but some are easier and less time consuming/labor intensive
than others. I don't have Adjusta-Jaws (Cole jaws) for my Vicmarc chuck,
but am considering getting a set.

What is your preferred method for reverse chucking? And why?

TIA,
Max