Tim Auton

(Bonza) wrote:
To address a safety issue of carying parts and materials up to a
mezanine, we designed a dumbwaiter. There were a lot of constraints
such as missing electrical conduits, air ducts, roof girders, etc and
the guys came up with a good design. It had to fit, and met the needs
of the crew that would actually use it. Doors were located in the
right place (with interlocks) and the heights were right, and so on.

We started to build the unit and all was well until the city was
informed. Then red flags flew and we were told that we were
unqualified, not licensed, etc etc.

Is there a size limit? What is and what is not an elevator must be
defined somewhere.

Tim
--
Cook my sock.