Grunff

Ian wrote:

I've just started to turn my attention to the kitchen and intend on fitting
it all out from scratch. It's a complete mess and I'm looking at selling up
probably next year so don't want to splash the cash but also don't want to
install flimsy cheap units.

Can anyone recommend a good supplier ?, the easiest option is to go to B&Q
and buy off the shelf but are the cabinets flimsy ?, anyone got experience
with B&Q kitchens.

Any recommendations of where not to cuts costs ?, i.e. cheap hinges etc ?

Any advice would be much appreicated.

There really is very little difference between carcases from the
different sheds. B&Q ones are very similar to Wickes. Hardly anyone does
15mm carcases anymore, most suppliers do 18mm only.

MFI stuff is again almost identical to the shed stuff, and very
similarly priced. But MFI are evil.

The only real difference is the doors, and that's more a matter of
personal preference than quality.

In order to get something significantly different from the shed carcases
you'd have to start looking at hand made stuff.

So my advice is this: Pick nice doors and handles, decent worktops, and
18mm carcases. Fit nice splashbacks. Take time fitting pelmets, cornices
etc, and lining everything up right. Spend some time thinking carefully
about layout - what is next to what, and does it make cooking easier.

--
Grunff