Jana

(George) wrote in message . com...
I have a woodworking shop that I also let my wife occassionally park
her car in. Needless to say, space is tight. Anyway, my request is to
find some creative ways to store wood. I have some full 8-10 foot
long 5-8" boards, some 4-6 foot and a bunch of smaller boards, that
are mostly left overs from other projects, but that I know the second
I throw a piece out, I will need that exact size in another project.
In the past, I have laid them all flat on some 12" shelves. The
problem is when you want a board on the bottom, you have to unload the
whole shelf, which RPMO. So, I am thinking of two solutions.

1) store the wood on end. Is there and advantage or disadvantage to
storing wood on end vs. flat?
2) have more shelves, maybe adjustable, so I would have only 1-3
boards high laying flat on a horizontal shelf.

Any good plans or ideas regarding this topic will be appreciated.

George

Hi Guys, You actually want your kiln dried lumber dead piled. You only
sticker it when your lumber is air dried or in the process. You don't
want the air flow if it's kiln dried. Use jacket boards you don't care
about on the bottom layer and on top. Jana