Mike in Mystic

I hear you, Ben.

I got mine yesterday as well, and for the most part thought it was a load of
crud. Popular woodworking has become my favorite magazine, followed closely
by FWW. The rest of them seem to be doing just what you say - rehashing the
same old things. And this is coming from someone that's only been
woodworking about 3.5 years!

SWMBO was nice enough to give me a 3 year subscription to WOOD. I guess we
can only hope it will improve (as well as write nice letters to the editor
encouraging them to do so).

I did see that Pat Warner will be contributing to the next issue, so that's
something to look forward to.

Mike

"BeniBoose" wrote in message
om...
Just got the latest issue of WOOD Magazine in the mail yesterday...

Took me about 5 minutes to read it cover to cover. Gheeez, is it me or
this magazine has been pumping some pretty deceptive issues in the
past 4-5 months? They keep showing off some old furniture made out of
oak. Eurk! Arts & Crafts has been all over the magazines for decades.
Thousands of versions have been made of the same damn coffee table,
nightstand, bed, dresser, chest of drawers, etc. Can we see some other
projects made with something else than oak?

I'm already regretting my 2 years subscription.

Oh ho, almost 4h00PM, it's time for my pill.

Cyberben