Bill Stock

"Jay Chan" wrote in message
om...
Mount casters on a block, mounted on some threaded rod. How much
adjustment do you need?

[snip alternatives]

Jay,

Charles is suggesting that you make the legs adjustable and use regular
casters. I rather like his idea, it would give you height adjustments up to
double the length of your leg.

So you would drill ( or route/dado a groove) a long hole in the bottom of
your leg to hold your threaded rod. Then attach a nut to the bottom of your
leg to hold the rod. The other end of the rod would be fixed to a small
block of wood and the caster would be screwed to the other side of the block
of wood.

I might use two nuts a few inches apart in the leg to give me better
stability. Perhaps you could even find a long threaded nut with a plate
attached and just screw it to the bottom of the leg.