John Barry

(Brian Andrews) wrote in message om...
snip
Now we are converting from an oil furnance to gas and a new chimney
cleaner has told us that we need to do the new liner.

snip
I know this is a dumb question because you all have never seen my
chimney, but is it possible that I have 2 flues and that one for the
furnance just needs the alumnium liner and the other for the fireplace
does not?

I'd sure hope so (that there are two)- never seen any other appliance
share a flue with a fireplace. Should be pretty obvious to you if you
examine chimney structure, and/or the topology of the liner(s). You
could ask the people who did the previous work.

John