Mike S.

I use a small karosene heater and keep it on a bench near the overhead door,
also prop up a small fan behind it to circulate the air and a coffee can of
water on top of it. I'm in a 12X18 uninsulated shop and haven't had any
problems with it. I also have a electric heater that's mounted to the
ceiling over the bench. I use it when I first go in the shop till the
karosene heater warms the shop up and also put it on low if I have some
finish drying.
Mike S.

"Dave Rathnow" wrote in message

With winter immanent, I'm looking at putting some heating in my shop
so I can work and not freeze. I've heard people say that any
kind of open flame heating is dangerous because it could ignite saw
dust--I've heard others say this is rubbish.

Could people share their opinions and advice? Is an open
flame heater dangerous? What type of heating do you use?
Any recommendations to heat my shop: it's about 20x20
with a 12 foot ceiling.

Thanks,
Dave.