Art

If installation allows I would look for a fan with the motor at the exhaust.
Can be more powerful and quiet. Also use a timer switch so it can run
several minutes after a shower and the bath is empty..... it will turn off
automatically getting more of the humid air out.

"David Gale" wrote in message
My wife and I recently bought our first house, which is, of course, a
fixer-upper. One of our "immediate" repairs is to add fans to the two
bathrooms that don't currently have them (go figure--two bathrooms with
showers, no fans, one half-bath with a fan). What brands would you
recommend?

My wife likes the sound of the fan, so I'm thinking 1.0-2.0 sones would be
great. The main bath is about 65 square feet, while the other is only

about
30 (yes, it's really small), though we're considering expanding that one
eventually, so it'd probably get the same size fan as the main bathroom.

I went to Home Depot, as well as my local hardware store, to check out

their
selections, but most of the "demo" models were either not plugged in or
broken, so I couldn't test many out.

Also, would the light in a fan/light combination be bright enough to act

as
the primary light source?

Thanks in advance,
-David