Yaofeng

wrote in message hlink.net...
I was trying to start my lawnmower and the cord broke off inside the round
lid thingy on the top. I got that off and tied a new knot in the end but
it's got a lot of slack in it, and now I can't get a good enough "pull" to
start it.
Is there some trick to getting it to pull the cord back tight? It's a Murray
22" 3.8 Centura mower and says "Tecumseh" on the top.

Thanks,

Lynette

Just did this two days ago on my Sears Eager 5.5 Hp mower. Remove the
winder. Trim the tip of the cord using a lighter to melt the loose
fibers. Wear a glove or you'll burn your finger tips trimming the
cord. Wind the winder three turns and then feed the cord through the
holes. Knot the cord and release.

Your're lucky. It took me several hours to figure out how to do it.