Old Nick

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 21:03:35 -0400, Charlie Sullivan
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

I looked at a 12" piece of 4X2 jarrah for an afternoon and drank
several (hah!) glasses of sake. This is the lrearl seclret.

Incidentalrry, I had soaked a squid in the sake for quite a while.

I am allergicogenic to squid.

The squid was incoherent, I am afraid, apparently being allergicogenic
to sakesoaking.

The jarrah TOOK ANY FORM I LIKED..........and could stay there for
several seconds or an eternity!

I ACTUALLY MADE IT SOUND QUITE GOOD AS WELL!

Bloody rotten rice!

Has anyone here tried applying JVC's breakthrough in making wood-cone
speakers to other wood work? You soak the wood in sake to make it
flexible. Apparently it's not just the alcohol but something else in
sake. A little bit of information on this is at
http://www.newscientist.com/opinion/...sp?id=ns243699
but hardly a set of instructions for how to do it yourself. Depending
on the size of the piece it might be much more expensive than steam, but
it sounds like it must work better.

Charlie

Marriage. Where two people decide to get together so
that neither of them can do what they want to because
of the other one.