jim rozen

In article , Brian Lawson says...

Even as a licensed skilled tradesman in the field, I still don't know
"WHY" some of the code/rules exist, but I do know that the great
proportion of them were written "after the fact"!! I also make it a
point not to get involved in discussions of "unlicensed" elevating
devices here in this forum, so this ends my contribution.

Ah, is this because of the guy a few years ago who was
making a home elevator, and solicited suggestions here?

What ever did come of that projet I wonder.

I do specifically recall that that there were some
good technical suggestions, but the majority opinion
seemed to be "That's Probabably a Bad Idea."

Jim

please reply to: