TOGGY

Default Pipe Bending

(Andrew Gabriel) wrote in message ...
In article ,
(TOGGY) writes:

Thanks for all your replies.

Have tried the wd40 trick just as a test but to no avail. How can
i tell if the tube is table x or y? I bought it from the local
William Wilson, which is always pretty busy, so i doubt if it would
be lying around for all that long.

It's sometimes faintly ink-jet printed or dot-matrix embossed
into the surface of the tube. From memory, I think the table
X tube has a 0.9mm copper thickness, sometimes written as
15x0.9 or some such. I've never used table Y tube.

Will have a good look at my pipe when i get home.

What make pipe bender do you have? Not sure the answer will help
much, unless it's something like Fisher Price ;-) Mine's a
Record one from B&Q a few years ago. I noticed CPC had a special
offer sometime before christmas for one something not much over
£20 IIRC, which looked like a Record one but the picture was
too small to be sure. That would make it half the price I paid
for mine, albeit some years ago.

The pipe bender was my late father in laws. the make is rigid and is
in good nick, dont know how old it is but doesnt appear much more
than a year or so old, looking at its condition probably not even
that.

One other thought -- you do have the separate stright former
pieces don't you? When I was looking in B&Q for one for someone
else more recently, none of the boxes had those pieces in them.
I could imagine people buying the pipe benders and assuming the
roller is supposed to press directly on the pipe -- not sure
what happens if you try doing it like that, but I imagine it
will screw up one way or another :-)

No removable parts on the bender both dies are fixed and following
all the advice hear, scrubbed clean and oiled.