SQLit

"JohnF" wrote in message
Hi all........what tests does one perform to determine if a short is
someplace in a cable run in the wall and not in the outlet box. There is

no
power as yet in the cable and before the walls are sheetrocked I would

like
to insure that no staples or crushing or whatever has occurred. Thanks for
the as usual good info......John

---

You can test using an ohm meter. If the conductors are open between all
groups then there are no shorts. (H-G,H-N,N-G). This will require all of the
connections to be made in the outlets and switches and not in the panel.

I have used a megger to see if the insulation is ok. Really need some
experence with the machine to know what it is telling you. Would not
recommend that you megger the wiring, pay someone to do it for you.