George

Default Storing wood

I have a woodworking shop that I also let my wife occassionally park
her car in. Needless to say, space is tight. Anyway, my request is to
find some creative ways to store wood. I have some full 8-10 foot
long 5-8" boards, some 4-6 foot and a bunch of smaller boards, that
are mostly left overs from other projects, but that I know the second
I throw a piece out, I will need that exact size in another project.
In the past, I have laid them all flat on some 12" shelves. The
problem is when you want a board on the bottom, you have to unload the
whole shelf, which RPMO. So, I am thinking of two solutions.

1) store the wood on end. Is there and advantage or disadvantage to
storing wood on end vs. flat?
2) have more shelves, maybe adjustable, so I would have only 1-3
boards high laying flat on a horizontal shelf.

Any good plans or ideas regarding this topic will be appreciated.

George