toller

What makes the Honeywell so difficult?

The filters are large, with corners that are pretty sharp. They must either
be washed in a tub or in the dishwasher. But they come out of the tub still
dirty; only the dishwasher does a decent job. I have to move the top rack
up all the way, but even then can only fit one cell in at a time.

Maybe they have improved them (mine is 12 years old), but mine are a real
pita. I have been using a high efficiency 6 month filter made to fit the
housing instead.

I know a HVAC guy who puts a conventional filter in ahead of the electronic
filters. He says it lets you go alot longer between cleanings. I haven't
tried it since my set up doesn't have enough space for a conventional
filter.