Tim Schwartz

Well,

Superscope (Chatsworth, CA) did own or import Marantz for a while, and
this unit claims to be "Designed by Marantz, Made in Taiwan". Lots of
2SA and 2SC series Asian transistors. In any event, I still need the
drum for the tuning cap, do you have one?

Regards,
Tim

Asimov wrote:

"Tim Schwartz" bravely wrote to "All" (23 Aug 04 12:38:22)
--- on the heady topic of "Superscope R1240 part request"

TS From: Tim Schwartz

TS Hello all,

TS I've got a Superscope R1240 receiver here in which the black plastic
TS drum on the tuning capacitor has cracked and fallen apart. The
TS customer would like the unit fixed. Has anyone got a scrap unit in the
TS basement that they would be willing to sell a part off of?

TS This is a low power Japanese built receiver from around 1976, around
TS 20-25 watts per channel.

TS Gentlemen, please check your junk piles!

I think they were made in Santa Clara, California, i.e. Silicon Valley.

A+s+i+m+o+v

... A stereo system is the altar to the god of music.