Nick Hull

In article ,
(Ron Bean) wrote:

(Bonza) writes:

To address a safety issue of carying parts and materials up to a
mezanine, we designed a dumbwaiter.

We started to build the unit and all was well until the city was
informed. Then red flags flew and we were told that we were
unqualified, not licensed, etc etc.

Did they have specific issues with your design, or just with your
credentials?

In the meantime our safety guy is nervous everytime an operator climbs
the stairs with hardware and (hazardous) materials in hand.

How often would this get used? What if the operator goes up the
stairs and then brings the stuff up on a hoist after he's up
there? Or use a forklift, if one is available.

I suspect the problem is with a *powered* dumbwaiter. A bucket and a
pulley and a rope would not be regulated. Maybe the solution is to
study the definition of dumbwaiter and design something thet does not
meet the legal definition.

--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/