Maagman

"Gunner" wrote in message
On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 23:27:11 GMT, "Maagman"
wrote:

Hello Gunner,

I think this email was legit. The thing to look for if you suspect

phishing,
is the actual link target, and the return path of the email. In your

case,
the target began with https//blablabla... the important thing to look for

is
the https, as opposed to http. The "s" at the end denotes a secure
connection, your first clue that it is "official". Secondly the link

target
points to bbant.com, instead of something like

http://www.xsoccer.as.ro/subinfo/Per...ication_E.html

the link target on a fake email I got phishing for my paypal login. Below

is
the header from that email, notice at the bottom how they faked out my

isp's
mail server into thinking it was from a "good" source.

Thats what I was wondering about. I read the source code carefuly, but
it still made the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

Hence the New Face question. They are getting more devious.

And Ive never done any business with Bbant.com

Gunner

I see your point now, I was assuming you were a customer. Wow, I never pay
attention to email from firms I don't do business with and never imagined
they had gotten that good.

Maagman