Gunner

On 24 Aug 2004 23:07:59 GMT, (GTO69RA4) wrote:

The first is a square. the rosewood inserts are for insulation purposes to
limit distortion when handling.

The second is a sine bar.

The square can be rescued by grinding/scraping and a lot of work. The sine
bar
can probably be rescued by replacing the tube sections with sections from the
same piece of drill rod of an appropriate diameter if there is no corrosion
on
the body where the tubular sections met it... probably not worth the effort.

Regards
Mark Rand
RTFM

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. I'm new enough at this that the more
interesting things are still on the foreign side.

The square's really in pretty good shape. The sine block's pretty rough, so
that's probably a loss.

GTO(John)

Use the salt and vinegar rust removal trick, and afterwards, stick a
couple gauge blocks under it. do the trig and measure. Ill bet you
dollars to donuts any error will not be of any consideration for
hobby work.

Ive seen many items far worse than this cleaned up and doing good
service.

Hell..if you dont want it, stick it in an padded envelope, and mail it
off to me. Ill pay the shipping. Ive got a sine table, but could use a
bar.

Gunner

Gunner

No 220-pound thug can threaten the well-being or dignity of a 110-pound
woman who has two pounds of iron to even things out. Is that evil?
Is that wrong? People who object to weapons aren't abolishing violence,
they're begging for the rule of brute force, when the biggest, strongest
animals among men were always automatically "right". Guns end that,
and social democracy is a hollow farce without an armed populace to make
it work.
- L. Neil Smith