Dave Hinz

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 10:02:55 -0700, Larry Blanchard wrote:
In article , says...
So the kid I went to high school with, whose mother had died, was
lying when he said he was getting social security payments? Wasn't
disabled in any way that was evident in years of knowing him.

OK, I forgot that case. But he was getting it only because his mother
(or father) had sufficient quarters to qualify. And he stopped getting
it at 18 or 21 or whenever he finished school, I forget which.

And yet, he is a case of someone who didn't pay a dime into the system,
who was by all appearances rather well off, who was getting the
money that is _supposed to_ be going for people who have contributed.
Hence my use as an example. How many other "oh by the way, I forgot"
situations are there, I wonder?