Peter Ashby

Default Question about varnishing hard wood

In article 0,
Mike Ring wrote:

Because being kitchen windowsills they're bound to be abused by stuff being
put on them detergent bottles, etc, which may mark them.

Or is wax proof against that - and is there a sort of initial applicatin
wax as against lokking after it wax?

If so I'll give it a try

No, you will have to look after it. Mind you when the matt poly starts
looking bad you will have more work to do to renew it as a finish. Have
you thought about using a tougher varnish and matting it down once its
dried?

Peter

--
Peter Ashby
To assume that I speak for the University of Dundee is to be deluded.