Chuck

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 10:14:40 -0700, Larry Blanchard
wrote:

If the Arabs want to kill each other, that's their business. But their
antipathy to us IS based on our support of Israel.

Mostly true, but even if it were the *only* reason, does that
mean we should stop supporting Israel? Ethics and morality are not
popularity contests.
BTW, if we stopped supporting Israel, we would still be
richer, we would still be consuming more than our share of world
resources, we would still be supporting corrupt governments at the
expense of "the people", our foreign military bases worldwide would
still have soldiers going out and raping the locals (don't splutter
back at me, check it out first), etc etc. In short, if you want to
hate the USA there are several buckets of reasons you can use - and
that's just for the reasonable people who are a majority. The fringies
hate everybody; we're just the best target.
Supporting Israel is probably the most noble thing we do.

=====
Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others.
=====
{remove curly brackets for email}