TOGGY

Default Pipe Bending

Bob Minchin wrote in message ...
Lurch wrote:
On 19 Jan 2004 03:02:34 -0800, (TOGGY) wrote:

I am in the process of installing a new bathroom. As Bath toilet etc
are all being moved i am required to do a bit of replumbing. Enter
my newly acquired pipe bender, having completed a few bends with no
trouble at all (almost as satisfing as removing the old tiles with my
sds sdrill). At random during bending the tube started kinking
(15mm). There appears to be no pattern to this, i have tried
going slow, fast etc. Most bends are at 90o. 1 particular tubes
seems to be more susceptible than others.

Anybody any ideas as to what i am doing wrong.

Could be cheap copper. Make sure the bender is clean, give both parts
a good rub with wire wool.

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.

Some grades of copper pipe are not designed to be bent
BS specs refer to table X and table Y pipes. One bends Ok the other does
not. Unhelpfully I can't remember which is which but I did try bend the
wrong sort once and had the problems you describe.
Bob

Thanks for all your replies.

Have tried the wd40 trick just as a test but to no avail. How can
i tell if the tube is table x or y? I bought it from the local
William Wilson, which is always pretty busy, so i doubt if it would
be lying around for all that long.

Thanks for all your help