PeterMcC

Bystander wrote in

"Wear and tear is not usually covered - we had drains collapse and
received the same information from our insurers. Fortunately, someone
remembered that a lorry had been driven onto the drive and that must
have caused the problem. Perhaps, now you think about it, you too
remember a similar incident "

You are (nudge nudge, wink wink) advocating fraud lying and theft
aren't you? And I am sure that you see yourself as a respectable
citizen.

The former assertion is flawed - the latter is _certainly_ not the case and
I would contest it vigorously.

Have a think. What you suggest means that the rest of us will have to
pay for a fraudulent claim.

Have a think - you may find that you are extrapolating too much from a wink

Did your Mummy ever explain the words Right and Wrong?

Not only that, but the concepts behind them as well. That explanation, by
implication at least, included guidance about the civilities of not making
personal comments without considerably more information than seems to have
been available here. And, for much the same reason, I shall assume that no
offence was intended to the memory of my recently departed mother.

--
PeterMcC
inappropriate or offensive in any way,