David Micklem

Default Homebase & B&Q own-brand tools

In article , PoP
wrote:

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 08:49:09 GMT, (S P O N I X)
wrote:

I have a B&Q Performance power (Or is it pro?) Router and it's very
good.

I do hope that's not the B&Q Power Pro 2050W that I took up major
bandwidth on this newsgroup about several months ago.....my experience
was anything but positive. Words such as "barge pole" existed in my
recommendation to others.

PoP

I've got the older smaller one (1250W?, definitely PPPro) and have been
quite happy with it. However, it is the first router I've ever owned,
so I don't have anything to compare it to. (Except for a rather manky
one I hired several years ago which had an incredibly sticky plunge
mechanism. It was a total pain in the ass).

The fence is rubbish, but so far I've not needed to use it. The
dust-extract cover limits plunge depth but is easy enough to remove for
deep cuts.

Just fettled together a board that allows me to use it inverted,
clamped in a workmate, to act as a table-mounted router. Now why didn't
I do THAT earlier - very useful even if it doesn't have the
super-perfectly-flat-and-a-million-features of a commercial table. Not
exactly easy to alter the plunge depth, but not too bad.

David

--
Replace nospame with yahoo to reply
Unsolicited commercial email will incur a $100 processing fee