steve

Default Noisy pipes when filling CW tank

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 12:28:40 -0000, "steve" wrote:

I have noticed that the 15mm mains feed to my cold water tank is pretty

damn
noisy when the tank is filling up.
The mains run is quite long from the basement up to the loft where the CW
tank is & has a fair few bends in it on its way to the loft.
I`m wondering however if its actually the filling valve to the CW tank

which
is actually the noisy part (cheepest, ****test valve installed by a

plumber
I had round once). The tank is fully lagged in the loft & I can still

hear
it !
If I replaced the valve on the tank would this stop the 'rushing' noise

in
the pipes? Ideally I want something that isn`t going to restrict the flow

as
the tank will need to fill quickly when the power shower is on for

instance.

Steve

You should find that a Torbeck valve will help quite a bit. It won't
stop pipe noise but may reduce it, and will certainly help where noise
is being generated at the valve.

Thanks Andy,
Would the Screwfix one below be suitable for the CW tank (I notice it's for
a cistern)?
Steve