Swingman

"Todd Fatheree" wrote in message

I just take offense to someone going over there with what appears to be

the
express purpose of getting three purple hearts, then getting the hell out

of
there so he could get his political career going stateside. I would think
most vets wouldn't even bother trying to get a purple heart from an injury
treated by tweezers and a band-aid.

Right on, Brother ... I can tell you for a dead certain fact that when
you're standing next to a guy who just got both legs shredded, and you only
got a small scratch on the arm from the same incoming round, a PH is the
_very_ last thing on your mind.

Personally, my vote won't be cast for either candidate based on a war
record, medals, or lack of same.

I do take exception to the propaganda being spread on the college campuses
about drafting women next year. The Kerry folks were fanning the flames and
fears this weekend when I was moving my daughter into her college dorm.

But then there's no lack of assholes on either side ...

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 7/10/04