mbrooks

Did they control for smoking? I've glanced at a few of the mining
studies in USA and it would seem SMOKERS are the ones coming down with
lung disease after exposure to toxins. They've already insulted their
body's ability to clear the lungs and respiratory tract, and loaded
themselves with immune system damage.

"GEO" wrote in message ...
On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 20:10:04 -0500, "JerryMouse"
wrote:

I cannot find any peer-reviewed study showing a causal relationship between
asbestosis or mesothelieoma and asbestos in a commercial product or
environment.

Where did you look?

Occup Environ Med. 2004 Sep;61(9):757-63.
Occupational and environmental exposures and lung cancer in an
industrialised area in Italy.
Fano V, Michelozzi P, Ancona C, Capon A, Forastiere F, Perucci CA.

Epidemiology of pleural mesothelioma in Italy.
Filiberti R, Montanaro F.

National Cancer Research Institute, Environmental Epidemiology and
Biostatistics,
Mesothelioma Registry of Liguria, Genoa, Italy.

The incidence of malignant mesothelioma (MM) in Italy is
increasing and is assumed to be a consequence of high levels of
asbestos exposure. Establishment of the National
Mesothelioma Registry (ReNaM) and the co-operation of five regional
centers has allowed the estimation of the incidence of malignant
mesothelioma in major parts of Italy and the definition of exposure to
asbestos.

Geo