Morris Dovey

Ken McIsaac wrote:

It's not quite that my designs are simple. It's just that I have to
take my original crazy designs and simplify them until they contain no
parts that I can't make. Right now, that means it has to require no
skill. I need a fence or guide or something to follow or the results
are not pretty. I understand from my reading that people typically
cut curves by following a hardboard template. I'm not sure how this
solves the problem, since you first have to get the template right.

Plot your design. You can either superimpose it on a grid and
scale it; or you can find a way to plot it full size. If
necessary run it out on your printer in pieces, one piece per
page, and then tape the printed pieces together...

Now you can transfer the design to the hardboard. Did you know
that you can get hardboard with a slick white surface at the
lumberyard?) I have a piece tacked to the wall that I sketch on
with dry erase markers - lets me re-draw to my heart's content.

Practise makes (more) perfect. (-:

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto, Iowa USA