The Natural Philosopher

Default A bit O/T ... UK PC vendors ...

al wrote:

Look at www.woc.co.uk. They will put all the parts together, test it,
and guarantee it. Always 15% more expensive than the cheapest, worth
every penny. Bought literally hundreds of machines off them for various
companies over the years. Tried cheaper places. always end up going back
for teh service...

Thanks for the link - they look quite good, but they don't seem to allow you
to choose very high spec components or to drop the monitor. Might try
emailing them later. Their cases look a little plain too

Look at the price list. You can pick'n'mix anything you want. I agree
cases are plain, but they last teh course. I have a 7 year old rack
mount case here under my feet...its so extraordinary if I ever get
burgeld, chances are it will get left behind.

If you're putting PCs into businesses, then good service and cheap prices
for reliable machines is invaluable. They look like this is their main
market though, rather than the high end.

Not sure what the highest spec motherboard is - as I said, check the
price list.