Franc Zabkar

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 02:06:09 -0500, (0o O0) put
finger to keyboard and composed:

yamaha dv-c6660 DVD changer

hoping someone out there can help ID a couple parts on the smps board.
the main FET, a TO220, has ST logo, and part # "P3NC...
the rest of the number is obsured by damage. Appears to be designated
as 0125, screened on board.

The only STP3NC parts I could see on ST's website were these:

STP3NC50
N-CHANNEL 500V 3OHM 2.8A TO-220 POWERMESH II MOSFET
http://www.st.com/stonline/books/ascii/docs/7802.htm

STP3NC60 STP3NC60FP
N-CHANNEL 600V 3.3 OHM 3A TO-220/TO-220FP POWER MESH II MOSFET
http://www.st.com/stonline/books/ascii/docs/7151.htm

2nd part, 14 pin DIP on primary side of SMPS, labeled :TY720... rest
obscured by damage, on the same IC "CPCC... This IC appears to be
designated "147130" screened on board. (which has a familiar ring)

The only numbers I could find were TY72005 and TY72011 by
Motorola/Onsemi. I have no idea what they are, though. FWIW, I'm
guessing your part is probably a PWM SMPS controller/regulator.

No parts on this board have alphabetic parts to the designators, such
as Q101,R109, as usual.

- Franc Zabkar