Fred the Red Shirt

Tim Daneliuk wrote in message ...
Ronald Reagan was not FDR.

Right - RR fought, and ultimately was the precipitating cause of the demise
of, Communism, while FDR openly harbored Communists within his
government ...

The people most respnsible for the fall of communism in Europe
are the communists themselves, though Lech Walesa sped the
process along. Calling on Gorbachev to tear down the Berlin
wall is not what made it happen.

I dunno if FDR harbored communists in his administration or not. I
do know that in WWII the communists were our allies and there is
no law against being a communist, nor against having communists in
one's administration, nor should one believe that communists are
inherently less loyal to their nations than people of any other
political persuation. ISTR that it was Republicans under RR who
sold weapons (e.g. gave aid and comfort) to an enemy nation against
whom we were fighting a war in the Persian Gulf. Mind you, I think
were on the wrong side in that war, but it is still treason to sell
arms to the enemy.

I also know that under FDR's leadership the United States and our
allies did nothing less important than save Western Europe and
most of the Pacific from despotism.

--

FF