gothika

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 13:20:29 +0200, Orange wrote:

Whats the best method/spray for cleaning (computer) plastic?
Its VERY important that only dirt gets off and that original plastic
is left intact.

There are a variety of all purpose cleaners that'll do the job.
Formula 409 is one.
Simple Green diluted for general purpose cleaning is also good.
I use a cleaner called Mean Green that does very well cleaning all
kinds of plastic.(PolyButylstyrene, HDPE, Polystyrene etc...)
It works much like simple Green yet isn't as caustic.(Simple Green can
strip the oils out of most cabinet plastics as well as attacking the
binders, IF used in to strong a mix or left on for too long.)
I get Mean Green at my local Wal-Mart, but I've seen it at local
dollar stores as well.
When I was working in my Father's repair shop years ago we used an
Amway product that was similar to 409 that did a good job as well.
There are loads of liquid cleaners out that are good for the job.
Look for a cleaner that works by breaking down the surface
tension.(extremely slippery to the touch, yet doesn't have any caustic
properties. The litmus test for this is if it doesn't strip the oils
from your hands, or leave them gummy.)
In a pinch just dilute liquid dish detergent like Joy, usually a small
squirt in a spray bottle then fillled with warm water will do.