Mike Hide

http://members.tripod.com/mikehide2
"LRod" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 17:49:37 GMT, "Mike Hide"
wrote:

at times it is necessary to relinquish some civil
rights to ensure the security of the country.

Your sentiment is truly frightening. It's no wonder that the
conservatives have so many sheeple in lock step with the radio and
internet loudmouths.

Fortunately, some very bright people who founded this country 200+
years ago have it right:

Sounds great sitting in an armchair by the fire, but when your family gets
wiped out because you did not take sensible precautions ,then it sounds a
little hollow, to me at least .

No one likes the patriot act per se on the other hand it gives some
protection.Without it the next hit might well be 30,000 and not 3000

plus

Do you hear yourself? Why not just give up everything and not worry
about anything? I don't want to live in the world you seem to want.

No I will not give up everything, but I am willing to make allowances to
protect my family.....mjh