barry martin

Default Photocell adapter that do

JJ:

J Anyone know of a photocell light adapter (to implement dusk-to-dawn on/off
J on an existing light fixture) that doesn't cut the light output of the bulb
J (at least not significantly)?
J I've tried these screw-in adapters from the hardware stores and they work,
J but they bring the light output of a 100-watt bulb down to about that of a
J 60-watt bulb (or maybe even less). I've tried using a 150-watt utility bul

J and that didn't make any difference.

Doubt if you're going to find one (watch the next post say
otherwise!). The "problem" is the photocell is an electronic device
with quite a bit of resistance to it.

As you probably have found any "light bounce" inside the globe will
cut the photosensor -- assuming it's the 'variable' type and not the
strictly on/off like most built-ins. Minimize any internally
reflected light; some sort of hood may help. The hood might
'backfire' in that the light will be turned on at an earlier time and
off later.

-
¯ barry.martinþATþthesafebbs.zeppole.com ®

*  Walking in my winter underwear...
---
þ RoseReader 2.52á P003186
þ The Safe BBS þ Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971
---
þ RIMEGate(tm)/RGXMod V1.13 at BBSWORLD *