Why not Titbond II for biscuits and urethane elsewhere?

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 14:07:28 GMT, (Lawrence
Wasserman) wrote:

In article , toller wrote:
I want to glue some PT boards together to make a deck for a swim platform
and have them very waterproof. Will biscuits swell properly with urethane
glue?
I have a large bottle of TitebondII, but don't think it is sufficiently
waterproof for this application.

(If not, maybe I will try that glue-joint router bit I have never used...)

I've used the PU glue with biscuits for some gates and arbors a few
years ago and they have held up fine. Don't know if it is really
necessary, but I dunked the biscuits in water before inserting in the
slots.