JohnV

RainLover wrote:

Okay... here's the setup:

I Bought a 6' diameter stainless steel tank from a local scrap yard.
I got it for an incredible price because there was a foot thick, VERY
dense foam lining it that I needed to use a chainsaw to cut before I
could break it out....

This tank had been drop tested and had dents on the top with '1st
drop, 2nd drop... etc and the height dropped from on it...

When I got out all the foam, written on the inside were the words
"Nuclear Packaging". The scrap yard had checked it with they geiger
counter and it read ZERO... so that's okay.

MY QUESTION:
What sort of Stainless Steel would you guess this to be? I'm creating
a couple of sculptures from the material and would like to use the
proper welding rod... I'll go with 309 barring a good guess of
something else.

Thanks!

James, Seattle (port orchard), Washington, USA, Earth

My crystal ball said 348