Nick

Default Laminate - scotias etc

Hi,

I've just bought packs of laminate & accessories to do my living room.
I have several questions:

Scotia:
what is the best way to attach these to a painted skirting board?
Pins? Glue? If so, what type?
Will the scotia ever expand? If I cut it with a mitre to fit around
the room, will it ever expand and pop out?

End profile:
I'm going from laminate to carpet - both on concrete.
I'll have to cut the carpet and attach it to one of those bits of wood
with nails in it (gripper?).
Will this look messy if I cut the carpet with a stanley knife up to
the end profile? Are there any tricks to getting it to look right?
It's a standard cheap nylon (polyester?) carpet that was put into the
flat when they were built.

I bough Quick stepp 800.
I have a sofa in the room, that won't move out easily.
Is it ok to move it onto the 1/2 that's already layed, and finish the
laminate off? Or is that a bit dodgy?